Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Why Simple Schooling?



I've tried reading homeschooling blogs for inspiration. Except for unschooling blogs (we aren't unschoolers) I usually just come away discouraged. Color coded binders! Lapbooks! Unit studies! The textbook is not enough, so we must add extra activities! How many field trips can we crowd into one short week?! The more extracurricular activities the better!

Maybe it's just my stage of life or maybe other people are a lot more organized, but I realize my limitations. I want my children to be well-educated, but at this point that is not going to include a lot of frou-frou. This blog will be a way for me to keep a journal of our learning, and I hope that it also encourages me and others that homeschooling doesn't have to be complicated and exhausting to be high-quality and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment